Geoff will review your options for running ACT! reports as well as using SQL reports to generate reports from your data in ACT!
[box style=”note”]All ACT! Quick Trick’s are pulled verbatim from the Sage Community Boards. Full credit goes to the original authors of the posts, in most instances Brian Whalen. Please consider viewing the original article on the ACT Community Board here.[/box]
We all do it…write random notes on pieces of paper that get lost on our desk, in the wash or end up in the trash. Capturing this information in the new Sage ACT! Scratchpad can eliminate the hassle of finding your notes when you need them, and entering them in Sage ACT!. Quickly capture impromptu notes, phone numbers, and personal reminders, with or without opening Sage ACT!, when you use Sage ACT! Scratchpad, a convenient, virtual notepad. In this tip, you’ll learn how to make the most of this new tool!
Capturing Notes/Activities/History and Sending Them to Sage ACT!
When random tasks, notes or other information interrupt your work, you can quickly capture them with the Sage ACT! Scratchpad, and then deal with them later by recording them in Sage ACT! or deleting them from the list.
1. Open the Sage ACT! Scratchpad:
- From within Sage ACT!, click Tools > Sage ACT! Scratchpad
- Or, click Start > All Programs > Sage ACT! 2012/Sage ACT! Premium 2012 > Sage ACT! Scratchpad
- Or, double click the Sage ACT! Scratchpad shortcut on the desktop
2. Click anywhere in the list to add a new entry; for example, type “Call Bob Robertson RE: product pricing”.
3. Use the toolbar to reorder, format, delete, or print the list.
4. If you would like to send a list item to Sage ACT!, first click an item in your list to make it active.
5. Right click the item, or select the Send to Sage ACT! menu, and then choose from the following options:
- Schedule Activity (Call, Meeting, or To-do)
- Insert Note
- Record History
6. Complete the appropriate information, such as time, date and Contact with which to associate the Activity/Note/History, and click OK.
7. The selected item will be added to Sage ACT!.
As you can see, using the Sage ACT! Scratchpad is easy! Forget about sticky notes. Jot it down on your computer, and then organize it in Sage ACT! when you have time to sort out the details!
[box style=”alert”]Effective June 1st – Upgrades will be charged full price from version 2009 and earlier[/box] SCOTTSDALE, AR – A new pricing policy from Sage will be going into effect on June 1st, 2012, eliminating the discount formerly offered to users upgrading from older versions. In the past, a new license cost full price, and an […]
OAK!Merge Pro is a data import and update utility that provides field-by-field Merging of Data into ACT! Adds, Updates, Skips, or Deletes records. PRO version also supports adding data to custom tables, Secondary contacts, users and ACT to ACT.
Geoff will be reviewing proper methods for importing data from Excel and other CSV programs. Learn how to avoid importing duplicates and how to make the process much easier.
Geoff will be reviewing good practices for keeping your ACT! data safe.
Geoff will be discussing the various methods for customizing fields and tabs in ACT! for the easiest visual experience tailored to your preferences.
Geoff will be discussing various methods of avoiding duplicate entries, corrupt data, and preventing losses, as well as the pros and cons of each method.
Geoff will be covering the ins-and-outs of ACT! preferences, including which features are useful to enable and which settings to avoid.