Original webcast date March 8, 2016 Geoff of Twelve/Three will review a great new feature of Act!, the History List. The History List was introduced 2 years ago in v16 as a way to view a consolidated list of all histories in the database. It is a very fast and instant way to generate flexible […]
Microsoft has released Windows 10 on July 29th 2015. Here are some considerations before your upgrade.
This article is updated thru October 1st 2015.
- Windows 10 will be officially supported by, and the main focus of, Act! v18.
- Act! Premium for Web doesn’t work well in the new Internet Explorer Edge browser, but standard IE 10 is included with Windows 10 and works normally. This is promised to be fixed in v18.
- Act! v16, Sage ACT 2013, and all prior versions are highly unlikely to ever get a Windows 10 compatibility update.
- Note: these versions can be installed in Win 10, and run, but have cryptic errors that won’t be resolved. Such errors include the documents tab, and an error message every time you close the program.
- You can install these versions at your own risk. They are functional, but far from perfect.
These issues will likely be fixed when Swiftpage rolls out their official Windows 10 support update. This list is collected from various user reports, is not necessarily consistent with every installation.
Some users have reported that:
- “Object reference not set to instance of an object” upon Act! close. Message can be dismissed. — FIXED in latest HotFixes
- required to manually start SQL Server ACT7 instance after a reboot.
- Act! will open the phone info dialog when launching the program
- Act! crashes when opening a document — Microsoft Interop Word error — FIXED: apply latest v17.2 HF 0 HotFix
- An RPC Server error appears when attaching documents to a contact — FIXED: follow steps in KB 38199
Several of these errors do have associated knowledgebase articles that can repair them. But they are listed here as sometimes not working right “out of the box.”
For Best Results:
Act! v17.2 seems to work well when it is a “clean” install, on a new copy of Windows 10. If you are upgrading from a previous version of Windows or previous version of Act!, these glitches seem more common.
If you purchase a new computer that has Windows 10 pre-installed, you should be able to install Act! v17.2 fresh, apply HotFix 0, and run it fine with no issues!
We want you to get the most out of your Act! software. Here is a quick list of some good practices to keep everything running smoothly! Clean out the history of your Act Contact Record – Every Act user has a contact record in Act. When you log into Act, your Record is the first one […]
Twelve/Three’s Act! Roadshow is Coming! See what’s new in the 2015 release, Act! v17. All attendees receive discounted upgrade pricing! Our Act! Roadshow is a free hands-on demo of the new software, where you can ask questions, network with business owners who use Act!, and learn a few things on the way. Not to mention, […]
Release Enhancements Chart
All versions include features of prior versions, in addition to those listed.
|Sage ACT! 2013||
|Sage ACT! 2012||
|Sage ACT! 2011||
|ACT! by Sage 2010||
|ACT! by Sage 2009||
|ACT! by Sage 2008||
|ACT! by Sage 2007||
|ACT! by Sage 2006||
|ACT! by Sage 2005||
9 Act! Premium mobile requires setup and configuration of Act! Premium (access via Web). Data access available via active Internet connection from supported device browsers. Review Act! system requirements at act.com/systreq. You are responsible for all data-related charges.
10 Sage ACT! Premium Mobile requires setup and configuration of Act! Premium (access via Web). Data access available via active Internet connection from supported device browsers. Review Sage ACT! system requirements at act.com/SystReq. You are responsible for all data-related charges.
11 This feature is not available in Sage ACT! Premium (access via web).
12 Sage E-Marketing for ACT! steps will not run offline.
13 Data/field triggers are only available in Contact and Opportunity entities.
14 Sage ACT! Premium Mobile requires setup and configuration of Sage ACT! Premium (access via web). Data access available via active Internet connection from supported device browsers. Review Sage ACT! system requirements at act.com/SystReq. You are responsible for all data-related charges to your device.
15 Requires a subscription to Sage E-Marketing for ACT!.
16 Requires additional subscription.
17 Requires additional subscription.
18 Requires additional subscription.
19 This feature only available in Sage ACT! Premium
20 This feature only available in Sage ACT! Premium
21 This feature only available in Sage ACT! Premium