Problem: Trying to synchronize Act database when the sync fails, giving this message.
Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Synchronization failed due to an out of memory error on the server. Exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown.
This issue can be resolved by running the SQL2008Rw_Express_BackupFix.bat file attached to this article. Please follow the steps below:
- Click the SQL2008Rw_Express_BackupFix.bat file
- When prompted, save the file to your Desktop.
- Close Sage ACT!.
- Go to the batch file and double-click it to run.
- Type in the name of your database when prompted and press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Once the procedure starts, do not close the command window until it completes as this will terminate the procedure. The procedure will take several minutes to run.
- When the procedure is complete, close the command window when prompted.
- Reopen Sage ACT! and test.