Act! crash error – mscoreei.dll
When trying to load the Act! program, a crash window appears that reads “Act! has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.” The problem details window lists the Problem Event Name as APPCRASH, and the Fault Module Name is mscoreei.dll
It’s always ‘fun’ to encounter a new Act! error, just when you think you’ve seen it all. I ran into this one today, on August 8th 2017. This occurred after running some Windows security updates. This particular machine was Windows 7, 64-bit, running Act! version 19.2 Premium Update 3.
mscoreei.dll is a file related to the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Go into the Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Find the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 in the list
- Note: Your version of .NET may be different. It is very possible you are using 4.0, 4.6, or 4.7. Or something else entirely. When I encountered this error, it was 4.5.
- Click Repair
- Run the Repair utility on the .NET framework. It may take a few minutes.
- Reboot the computer when finished and test.
As always, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to hire us to take a look at it.
Hope this helps! Best of luck out there.